My favourite spots of MARRAKECH
The summer passed swiftly and the routine grabbed me. It’s raining outside so I decide to abandon myself to the stream of consciousness writing this post…
…I was there several times and I think I’ll never stop going back because it’s amazing. There’s always something new to discover, furthermore, this country has everything to offer
- The atsmophere, it’s magic
- Flights don’t cost to much from Italy or other countries
- It has everything… the sea, the mountains, the desert…
Now I want to tell you more about Marrakech. Later I’ll make a post about Morocco.
WHERE TO SLEEP:
- If you are planning a visit to Marrakech with your friend and you don’t want to spend much money for an accomodation, I suggest to stay at EQUITY POINT, it’s a beautiful huge hostel/riad in a very central position of Medina, it’s nearby Jamaa el Fna square. It’s very beautiful and it has a nice and relatively big pool. They’ve also double rooms.
- With your boy/girlfriend: (in order from less to most expensive)
- Check yourself on AIRBNB there are a lot of possibilities among which you can choose the right one for you.
WHERE TO EAT:
- NOMAD is in a small hidden street but you can ask indication to people to find it. It’s near to central souk and his terrace is wonderful.
- LA FERME after an afternoon spent walking in the middle of the northern souk there is this wonderful place which is perfect to relax and enjoy a meal in a wonderful garden
- LA FAMILLE is perfect for a lunch pause after the visit to El Bahia palace and El Badi palace which are nearby.
- CAFFE DE LES EPICES
- it’s in a lovely square where there is the straw suq, indeed you can see and find a great variety of products made of this typical Moroccan material
- LE JARDIN SECRET
- MAX & JAN Restaurant
- TERRASSE DES EPICES
- ATAY CAFE restaurant
WHERE TO GO SHOPPING:
- SUQ della MEDINA I suggest to walk getting lost among the suq because this is one of the beauty of Marrakech. May be it’s better if you divide your map of Medina in area in order to visit them during your journey
- CHABI CHICK this shop is amazing, it’s under the restaurant “Nomad” and it’s perfect for gifts or taking something to decor your house
- MAX & JAN it is a huge concept store, very cool, you can find dresses designed by budding stylists or also accessories for your house or for you. It deserves a visit if you are a shopping lover.
- 33 RUE DE MAJORELLE also this shop is fabulous, I felt in love with their lamps and home forniture. It’s near to Yves Saint Laurent museum and jardin Majorelle.
WHAT YOU SHOULDN’T MISS TO SEE:
- YVES SAINT LAURENT MUSEUM if you are a fashion and art lover, you shouldn’t miss it.
- JARDIN MAJORELLE AND BERBER MUSEUM
- MEDERSA BEN YOUSSEF this summer (2018) when I returned in Marrakech, it was close for restoration so I suggest to check if it’s open. It’s amazing and I image that it will be more beautiful when it will re-open. If it’s close nearby there are Marrakech museum and Maison de la photographie that you can see.
- MAISON DE LA PHOTOGRAPHIE if you are a photographer or an amateur, I suggest to see this museum because there are stunning photos of Moroccan people and landscape
- MARRAKECH MUSEUM
- EL BADI PALACE The particularity of this stunning place are storks that inhabit these ruins of an ancient palace. It’s one of my favourite place in Marrakech.
- SAADIAN TOMBS
ITINERARY FOR A MARRAKECH SHORT TRIP:
- Saadian Tombs + El badi Palace
- lunch to La famille restaurant
- El Bahia palace
- return to Jamal el fna square following the same street of La famille restaurant
- Jardin Majorelle with Berber Museum + Yves Saint Laurent
- lunch pause to Kawa restaurant
- shopping to 33 rue de majorelle and return to Jamal el fna square
- Medersa Ben Youssef
- lunch pause at caffè Atay Caffè restaurant or Max&Jan restaurant / visit to Max&Jan shop
- Marrakech museum+Maison de la photographie
- return to the riad discovering the northern suqs
- visiting the central souk doing shopping
- lunch at caffè des epices or nomad + pop into to chabi chick shop
- return in riad and relax if there is a spa or you could try a hammam
- dinner at Terraces des epices or Le Jardin secret
Photos: all rights reserved @ginevra_angiuli